Thursday, August 7, 2008

"A Buffet on Wheels"








Is what the tour guide said about our wagon that traveled through Safari Park. Anyone who knows me best knows that I'm a huge fan of kitchy roadside attractions. I am not a fan of attractions that poorly treat animals. The Safari park is one of those places. Call me old fashioned but I don't think an American Buffalo should be running around with a Zebra or an ostrich and they sure as hell shouldn't be eating the same feed. I also can't get the image out of my head of people fighting to touch a camel coating in animal poop. While it is an interesting study on American culture I'm in the camp of treating animals with respect and not mistreating them in order to be able to shove buckets of feed in their faces. Enough Said

1 comment:

ben fredman said...

kim,

Love your work. Great stuff...the dinosaur slideshow was nice and I dig the rites of passage story ideas.

I recently moved to Fredericksburg for staff job, maybe I'll see you around.

~ben