Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An Experiment

Every season we do a portrait series for our athletes of the year. We do it so often that we are constantly trying to come up with new ways to shoot the athletes. I came up the idea of shooting them all on the ground overhead with a ladder so it would give a flat floating effect. I'm still not convinced I really nailed it but I was still glad I tried something a little different. There were mixed reactions in the community. Some people loved it and other people hated it. It was the first time in a while that I got hate mail. One woman actually asked Jill, "Why are they on the ground...are they lazy?"







4 comments:

Kat said...

I love the different take! I think you still managed to convey movement and action, and that took real skill in positioning and placement. Great job!

GRAY WHITLEY said...

nice works...creative and interesting view!

Robert Miller said...

Kim I really like the tennis player one. Excellent. Two years ago I used a lift truck to photograph the Fall Classic race at the Natural Bridge Speedway. If you would like to photograph there sometime I can take anywhere on the Track including the Pits. I think it would be an experience you would not forget. If you want let me know: I can be reached at 434 229 1114 or at zack12348@hotmail.com

MEGAN said...

good idea! love it.