Monday, December 27, 2010

Mistletoe Marksman




Do you know where mistletoe comes from? I just assumed that it was some kind of bush you could just easily walk up to and cut a few pieces from. Not so! Mistletoe actually grows high up in dying oak trees and can be collected in either two ways....

1. Climb the tree and cut out the mistletoe. Which kind of makes sense and helps to keep the mistletoe intact.

or....the more exciting way...

2. Shoot the mistletoe out of the tree with a .22 rifle or a shotgun??!!!


WTF!!! Right I know it sounds so crazy that it can't be true but I promise you that yes it is true and also pretty fun to watch. Believe it or not, yours truly Kim Raff actually shot a piece out of the tree with a .22. That will go in my lock box of awesome stories on the job.

Check out the slideshow of my time with James Henderson....Click here

No comments: